In this lesson, we’ll show you how to create a WP Ultimo site template for your online platform users.
This way, when users purchase a membership plan on your platform, this template will be cloned into their sites.
They won’t have to design and set up their sites from scratch.
Follow these steps to create and set up a template site for your WordPress multisite network.
1- Add a new template site to your network
Go to Network Admin > WP Ultimo > Sites > Templates.
And click on Add Site.
Now enter these values to create your new template site:
- Site title: We’ll call it “Template”
- Site domain/path: We’ll enter “template” so that the subdomain is “template.platform.com”.
- Site Type: Site Template
- Click Add new site.
After adding the template site, click on Dashboard to open the admin panel of the new site template.
2- Remove unnecessary content from the site
We need to remove all sample comments, posts and pages from this site.
We just need to keep the following three pages on this site:
- My account
3- Design the site as you want
Now you need to design the site template as you want.
This could take you some hours.
But you can completely simplify that process by using some starter templates.
This will depend on what WordPress theme you’re using.
Here are some great options:
- Astra theme: If you’re using Astra theme, you can use the Starter Templates plugin to import some templates. This plugin has more than one million active installations!
- Kadence Theme: If you’re using the Kadence theme, you can use the Starter Templates by Kadence plugin to import some beautiful sites.
- Blocksy Theme: If you’re using the Blocksy theme, you can use the Blocksy Companion plugin to import some cool site templates.
- To avoid any problems, make sure you use the same theme on the dashboard site and the template site.
- The site templates will import some unnecessary pages, so you can delete them. We recommend you to simplify your site templates by only keeping these pages: Shop, Cart, Checkout, My account pages.
- We recommend you to set the Shop page as the home page for your site template at Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays > A static page > Homepage.
Here are some previews of the ecommerce sites you can import to your site template:
4- Set up the navigation menu for your template site
You need to set up the navigation menu for your template site.
These are the pages you need to add:
- My Account
You can add menu icons using the WP Menu Icons plugin.
Once you’re done, hit Save Menu to apply the changes.
In the next lesson of this course, we will show you how to create a WP Ultimo plan for your online stores platform. You’ll also learn how to assign specific site templates to specific WP Ultimo plans.