In this lesson, we’ll apply the last changes to our restaurant management platform.
1- Block access to wp-admin
WP Frontend Admin has a great feature that allows you to control the access to the dashboard pages. You can enter the list of allowed URLs, and we will do the following:
– Make sure only those URLs are accessible in the front end dashboard
– Block all the wp-admin pages for all users except super admins
– Block all the admin content screens in the front end that are not explicitly allowed
This way, your network will be more secure and people won’t access unauthorized pages.
Go to Network Admin > WP Frontend Admin > Settings > Access restrictions.
Copy and paste the following URLs into the Access restriction: What wp-admin pages can be viewed on the frontend field and Save the changes. These are the URLs that we will allow based on the platform pages that we created in the course:
– If you added more pages to your front end dashboard, you need to add the wp-admin URLs in this field to allow them.
– If you open pages in the front end dashboard as a site owner, and you’re redirected to ?vgfa_blacklisted_url=1 or the content doesn’t load correctly, you need to manually add the URL of the wp-admin content you want to show on the frontend to the Access restriction: What wp-admin pages can be viewed on the frontend field. This is also useful if you’re displaying any other wp-admin page on the frontend that was not included in our course.
2- ADD YOUR FIRST RESTAURANT SITE AND TEST THE PLATFORM
Now it’s time to test that everything works correctly, and for that you need to register a restaurant site on your platform.
To do this, go to the home page of your platform as a normal user and click on the “Select Plan” button.
Now you need to select the template site we set up in previous lessons.
Now you need to add the Site Title and the site URL. You’ll be able to select a custom domain on the frontend dashboard once you’ve created your site.
Next, you need to add this information:
- Optional – Tick the Have a coupon code checkbox to use a coupon.
- Coupon Code
- Hit Create Account, and the template site will be imported into your new site.
Once you’re done registering your new site, you’ll be automatically redirected to the frontend dashboard. You can start configuring your restaurant site, creating some meals, setting up some payment gateways, taxes, etc. You’re ready to manage your restaurant.